The Dynamic Bag by Handy Bag
Just slide it around into your lap. Easily snap it back on with magnetic locks.
Founded by industrial designer Yair Zur, Handy Bag was founded with one mission to make backpacks more accessible for wheelchair users. Traditional backpacks, hung on the back of wheelchairs, are not readily accessible. Most wheelchair backpacks force you to fish around for what you want behind your back, or tweak your body around to reach into the bag while its hanging on your chair. With the Dynamic Bag, accessibility is no longer an issue.
The Dynamic Bag
Made for manual wheelchair users only, this is the first wheelchair backpack that the users can pull from the back side to the front, giving you full access to your personal belongings with virtually no effort. The Dynamic Bag is now made with a magnetized attachment system, so it takes zero time to snap on and off, all the while sturdily attaching the bag to your chair and protecting you from theft. Designed to last! The Dynamic Bag is made from military grade materials that won't fade or fray.
The DYNAMIC Bag consists of two parts: The CARRIER and The BAG.
Industrial designer Yuir Zair, created Handy Bag out of a extremely close connection to the community. Both Yuir's Parents are full time wheelchair users. Growing up and seeing them struggle with traditional back packs inspired him to make a better mouse trap and so the Dynamic Handy bag was created to make backpacks more accessible for wheelchair users. Traditional backpacks, hung on the back of wheelchairs, are not readily accessible. With most traditional bags you have to fish around for what you want behind your back, or tweak your body around to reach into the bag while its hanging on your chair. With the Dynamic Bag, accessibility is no longer an issue.
The bag can be used separately from the carrier, functioning as a traditional backpack if needed. People with reasonable movement and strength in at least one hand can use it easily, and it has large loops on the zippers so you can just hook a finger in if you have difficulty with hand/finger functionality.
The Dynamic Bag has a new special buckle which is based on magnets called Fidlock included!!
500D Nylon fabric (outer shell)
600D polyester fabric (inner shell)
IPC nylon sewing thread.
No Buyers info available
No videos available
12 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I'll do my best to list out why this is the best wheelchair backpack I have ever seen.
1) The Magnetic locks that hold the bag inside the Carrier are easy to attach and detach from the backrest frame rails. I simply loop my thumb into one of the magnetic wings and pull the bag onto my lap. Genius!
2) The zippers have huge loops that are easy to grab
3) The Carrier protects my bag from prying eyes. I'm guessing most people don't even know what this is on the back of my chair. Is it an oxygen tank? Is it part of his backrest? That's exactly what I want people to think.
4) The Carrier forces the Handy Bag to sit much closer to my back then my other backpacks ever did, completely eliminating my bag from swinging (when I'd carry heavy stuff). It also keeps my center of gravity in a good spot. Other bags will simply pull straight down because of gravity, while the Handy Bag will stay tight against my backrest.
5) Tight profile, and it looks cool!
6) I don't even think twice about getting my Handy Bag out. It's so easy to take off and on, and rummaging though my bag on my lap is SO MUCH NICER than what I had before.
Thanks Handy Bag for the genius idea, and making it happen with Kickstarter no less!
Really enjoy this sack!
I am always struggling to get things out of my bag from behind me, finally a bag I can store quickly but when I need it it can be right in my lap where I can see inside and get what I need fast and easy.