Shipping & Returns
Flat Rate Shipping
- $13.95 for orders under $35
- $11.95 for orders between $35 - $70
- $9.95 for orders between $70 - $99
- Free Shipping for orders over $99
Once your qualified items total $99 or more, you will receive free shipping on those items!
This offer does not include Alaska, Hawaii, Canada or any other shipment outside of the lower 48 states. If you would like your order to be shipped internationally, please contact us to receive the best rate possible.
* Some oversized items do not qualify for free shipping. You will need to pay for shipping at checkout.
*If you would like a quote on expedited shipping feel free to email email@example.com or call 619-810-0010
International Orders are welcome here at Living Spinal! If you live outside of the USA, we will contact you with different shipping options once your order has been placed. During checkout, on step 4, select "For international orders, we will contact you for the appropriate amount. $0.00"
Once you approve of our shipping quote, your order will be processed and fulfilled. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 619-810-0010.
Unless pre-paid by the customer via ZONOS, duties and Taxes for all non-USA countries are the sole responsibility of the customer purchasing the product. Living Spinal will file exemptions as often as possible within the limits of the laws and regulations of the respective country, but cannot guarantee the absence or reduction of duties and taxes for orders of any value. Living Spinal is not responsible for anticipating any fees, fines, or other charges related to importing the product other than the explicit shipping cost from the shipping carrier, and these potential fees, fines and other charges are also the sole responsibility of the customer. Below are some examples of duty and tax exemptions that Living Spinal may attempt to file for:
Canada - Eligibility for duty free benefits of tariff item 9979.00.00 Products in shipment were specifically designed to assist persons with mobility impairments in alleviating the effects of their mobility impairments by making their wheelchair more accessible, effective, and comfortable for day to day use in their current living conditions and situation. Memorandum D10-15-24
UK/EU - ‘goods for people with a disability: relief claimed’ CN22/CN23
Australia - Eligible for a GST Exemption of Non-taxable importations Subsection 38-45(1) in the GST Act Exemption Code GSTE=B106
Shipping Damages and Theft
Occasionally, products may arrive with shipping damages including bends and cracks, scratches, non-functioning products, and more. Depending on the situation and severity of damage, most issues can be solved with replacing damaged or missing parts of the product. Living Spinal does not guarantee a replacement product.
Living Spinal is not responsible for shipping damages. Large and valuable shipments are always sent with shipment insurance, and Living Spinal may attempt to file a claim if an order arrives damaged, and use the funds from the claim to repair the product, if possible. It is rare that a product will be replaced due to shipping damage, and this will only happen if inspections show the product to be beyond repair.
Should a customer decline repairs offered by Living Spinal for a product that was damaged in shipment, the order is still subject to the standard returns policy which includes a 15% restocking fee and return shipping to be paid by the customer.
Living Spinal will attempt to solve issues of damaged products within reason. Please contact us with issues of shipping damage, but please be aware that Living Spinal will not attempt to fix or replace the following:
- Light scratches
- Minimal damage that requires scrutiny to identify, and which does not affect the funcitonality of the product
- Unassembled products
- Damaged or moist packaging
- Used products, sold under the pretense of a used or refurbished product, that show reasonable signs of use but are still functional
Packages may also arrive with packaging that appears very damaged and roughed-up, but please check the contents before calling, as they may be perfectly fine. Remember, it's the job of the packaging to take the punishment of shipping so that the product doesn't.
Package theft may also be a concern for many customers living in certain areas. Though Living Spinal accepts no responsibility for package theft and has no control over it, we understand it's a terrible situation and have a policy to help customers who have been the victim of package theft.
- Living Spinal offers signature delivery on all orders. This usually comes with a small fee that depends on the size and destination of the package, but it's usually around $5. Simply call and ask for this feature and we can add it to your order if it has not already shipped.
If you suspect that a package you ordered from Living Spinal has been stolen, please follow these steps to try and mitigate the problem.
- Ensure the package was delivered to you by checking the tracking number. You can find this on your Living Spinal account by logging in and checking the order status.
- Check all entrances to your home, check off the sides of the steps and uncommon places that a delivery person could have left it. Sometimes they'll leave packages in odd places like on the hoods of cars, or the package may fall off the side of a porch. If you live in an apartment complext, request an audit of the mailroom or whatever service is provided to organize and deliver packages to residents. Let them know that tracking shows delivered and you have not recieved it. If you've thoroughly checked everywhere and suspect that the package may have been stolen, there are a few options in what to do next.
- Call the carrier and file a claim. Fedex, UPS and DHL may work with you to reimburse the shipment. If it is a large or more expensive item, it's likely that the package was insured against loss or damage and you may be able to take advantage of that. Here is a link that describes the different carriers and how you can go about requesting a reimbursement from them. https://thepackageguard.com/package-theft/fedex-package-theft/
- If you paid with credit card, check your bank app or call your bank and ask about purchase protection, which may provide coverage for theft or loss of an item. This is NOT the same as doing a card chargeback, which will likely get denied as the purchase was fulfilled by the seller and they are not responsible for it being stolen.
- While Living Spinal can't take responsibility for someone stealing a package from your front door, we would like to help. If none of the above avenues turn up any results for you, we may be able to re-order the product for you and only charge you our cost for the products. This is highly dependent upon the type of product and availability, but we are willing to do it because we hate package theft and want to assist victims of theft in any way we can. Let us know if you'd like to move forward with this and we can check your eligibility for this option.
Order Detail Issues/Missing Parts
It is the responsibility of the customer to report issues with their order after delivery. If parts are missing from an order, or the details of an order are incorrect, customers and dealers have a period of 30 days after delivery to report the issue to Living Spinal for correction.
This period will coincide with the return period.
Living Spinal follows the terms of all manufactures return and warranty policies in place.
If no terms are in place by the manufacture Living Spinal accepts at our sole discretion returns for exchange or refund 30 calendar days after delivery of the product. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee. This fee will be taken out of the refund price after the item has been returned and inspected for the condition of the return. All returns must fill out the below return request form.
Please CLICK HERE to submit our return request form.
Items must be in "New, unaltered and unused condition".
Definition of new, unaltered and unused condition is: without showing signs of wear or damage in any way within 30 calendar days of the delivery date (after 30 days no returns are allowed) must not be a special order or a custom order unless noted that it cannot be returned or has a different return policy time period other than that 30 days noted in that item's particular item description. If an item is received damaged or is incorrectly shipped by us please contact Customer Support immediately. Items that are defective and shipped from us or items that you did not order but received from us will qualify for store credit or a cash refund.
Any order that has been approved for a return that requires to be shipped back to Living Spinal or one of it's vendors or warehouses will be the responsibility of the customer. All return shipping will be the responsibility of the customer.
All orders with products that are imported from an international manufacture are not returnable or refundable. Example of these kinds of products are electric hand cycles, seated self balancing mobility devices, both the seat and the power base and more. It is the customer's responsibility to verify if their order has products from outside the US. All of our seated Segway, Airwheel, and Ninbot products are not refundable and would be up to the customer to resell if they find that they are not going to work for them.
Due to the expenses of importing the seated self balancing mobility seats and related products all of these products are non refundable upon the time of purchase. This includes both the seat and it's power base unit of any brand Segway, Ninebot or Airwheel. These base units are registered in a customers name and record mileage as well upon purchase. Upon purchase the products are non-refundable, for both new and used products. If a customer were to want to upgrade or sell their pre-owned unit, Living Spinal may agree to help assist in the resale of the used pre-owned unit. We can not promise a time frame or out come but we will do our best to help turn the unit around quickly.
Due to the large desire for such innovative and amazing technology within these seated self balancing mobility products there is a large demand for pre-owned or discounted units. Many of our customers have upgraded as they find more and more ways to explore this world with their seated self balancing mobility product. These pre-owned units become amazing opportunities for others that can not afford to purchase a new unit. As of June 2020, Segway has disontinued the Segway PT. All segways purchased after this date will be used, and Living Spinal works with multiple dealers to ensure that it is as recent of a unit as possible with low miles. Living Spinal also works with dealers that do full inspection, cleaning and testing of the units that are sold to customers for Seated Self Balancing products. Living Spinal extends the same policies and warranties of the dealers whose Segway PT's are resold through Living Spinal. Except for the case of defect causing non-normal functionality of the device, all sales are final of used Segway PT's, and these devices are non-returnable.
For hygienic reasons, the following products are non-returnable:
- Bathing and toileting assists (Including Shower/ Commode Chairs)
- Wheelchair seat cushions and cushion covers
- All Intimate Rider products
Per manufacturer's policy, and due to the tailored-to-the-customer nature of such units, the following custom products are non-returnable:
- Custom built wheelchairs
- Custom built Seated Self-Balancing chairs
- Custom built handcycles
- Custom built sport, racing, and competition wheelchairs and accessories
- Other Made-To-Order products, such as(but not limited to) the Tek RMD, NuDrive Air, Freedom Trax, and Wijit
- Wheelchairs and other products that are imported per-order, such as(but not limited to) Wheelchair88 products
Refunds are contingent upon inspection of item(s) once we receive it. There is a 15% restocking fee for returned items that are not being exchanged and are not damaged. Again you MUST contact us within 30 days if you intend to return ANY item back to our store. Items returned to us AFTER 30 days and WITHOUT contacting us will NOT be refunded. Customer is responsible for all shipping costs if seller is not at fault.
Orders made with Payment Plans
Orders made with Living Spinal using payment plan options(e.g. Affirm, Klarna, Paypal Pay Later, etc) are subject to the same terms as all other orders. There is no change to the product warranty, cancellation policy, or return policy. In the event of an approved refund for any reason, Living Spinal will refund at a maximum the amount that was paid for the order, subtracting any applicable fees such as shipping or restocking fees. Living Spinal is not liable to refund interest payments made up to the date of the refund. This is considered a reasonable risk of creating a payment plan for an online purchase and Living Spinal will not refund interest on an order in any situation.
Customer Service Number: 619.810.0010
Living Spinal Return Address:
3230 E Pershing St.
Appleton, WI 54911