Rio Firefly 2.5 "B.K" Edition Electric Handcycle By Rio Mobility
Attach and detach in seconds.
Go three times as fast as a power chair.
Load easily into any vehicle.
Go anywhere: hills, grass, trails and more.
The Firefly 2.5 "BK Edition’’ is the latest version of Firefly power attachment for wheelchairs, and has the most advanced technology on the market for wheelchair power assists.
An amazing way to make your manual wheelchair more fun, versatile, and all-terrain capable, the Rio Firefly Power assist is a great off-road solution for wheelchairs! Rio has zeroed-in on the details, and improved every feature on the firefly from it's useability to it's durability. The design "BK Edition" is named in memory of Bart Klystra, the late founder of Rio Mobility.
Connecting and disconnecting the Firefly is simpler than ever before.
Dual kickstands allow users to park and store their Firefly in an upright position. Pop it on and off with ease as you go through your daily routine. The headset can now also be locked, so that the steering is locked in place when transitioning to and from the Firefly. The quick-release center frame comes apart easily without the use of tools, so you can transport the Firefly in a plane, car, or simply put it away for easy storage.
The unit itself is a lightweight power assist at about 25 lbs, and adds minimal weight to your ultralightweight wheelchair.
The removeable battery is also lightweight and gives you a 15 mile range. You can also get a spare battery that is easy to swap in and out to give you double the autonomy!
Go Further, Do More
A 3-inch wide front tire has been added for increased torque on hills and better traction for all the trails and off-roading you can handle. This power-assist for manual wheelchairs was built for all-terrain fun.
A full-color screen that displays your speed, battery life, and power level has haptic touch feedback buttons. Adjust your top speed easily with the touch of a button so that you can maneuver indoors or outdoors with ease.
Dual disk brakes with dual disk calipers provide more braking power, and increased disk and pad lifetimes. Behind the wheel, users will notice locking brake handles with an integrated bell. Beware other imitation power assists with crummy electric brakes!
A dual LED light system: one light points up and out while the second one points downward at the ground in front of you. Great visibility for night riding and low-light settings.
Cutting-edge technology puts the Firefly 2.5 on the level of far more expensive power assists
An improved Battery Management System and industry leading Panasonic GA batteries will give you longer rides than ever before and no worry that a "memory" will wear out your battery over time. Lithium batteries are not all the same, and Rio Mobility uses high quality batteries that will give long life if treated properly.
Rio Mobility is one of only a few power attachments manufactures that has a 252 Watt-hour battery that is UN tested and is certified to be taken as carry-on luggage on most airlines.
A color touch screen with haptic feedback allows all input and customization and makes controlling the features of the Firefly a breeze.
Anyone, with any level of disability, can enjoy riding a Firefly.
A new feature of the controller allows the top-speed of the Firefly to set according to the user’s needs. This allows for a range of customizability to the needs of the user. Users with a safety-minded daily routine, users who have difficulty controlling a fast power-assist, or users who want to primarily ride indoors will feel far more comfortable with a lower governed speed.
Our beloved outdoor adrenaline seeking customers will want to get the speed as high as possible and have the option to push the Firefly to it's full potential.
Our customers that have limited hand dexterity will find that the lock-on handlebar grips will greatly increase thier ability to keep their hands in place while riding. The throttle position is also adjustable, so that users who have a hard time pressing throttles can customize it to their needs.
It is recommnended that installation be done by a technical professional, but many of our customers install their own Firefly. It takes about 30 min to an hour to install the device for the first time. After the first installation is done, it only takes a minute to attach and detach the firefly. Please follow the installation instructions carefully and use the tools provided. Note that kickstands are meant to move slightly and not be completely "tight" after installation.
- Top Speed: 12 mph / 19 kph
- Speed limiter included in touch-activated LCD display, switch between 5 gear speeds
- Battery: High-performance Panasonic Lithium Ion 36V 7AH 252WH
- Battery Range: 15 miles / 24 km
- Charger: 36V 2A, 3 hour charge time for fully drained battery
- Motor: 5 speed Geared, brushless high-torque 350W 36V hub motor
- Brakes: Dual 140mm disc brakes with locking lever
- Frame: Tempered, high-strength 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Tire: 12.5" x 3.0" all-terrain
- Forward Lighting: Dual 10 Lux LED System
- Total weight: 25 lbs / 11.3 kg
The Firefly 2.5 Electric Wheelchair Attachment comes with the following options
- Choice in color: Chrome Red, Metallic Graphite Gray, Matte Black(additional 3 day lead time), Metallic Silver(additional 3 day lead time)
- Tire Style: Slick Tire for road use only, Knobby tire for both on and off-road use
- Get a discount on the following accessories if you order a Firefly: Universal Handlebar Phone Mount, Security Lock, Dynamic Handybag Wheelchair bag
The Firefly 2.5 Electric Wheelchair Attachment works with nearly all folding and rigid style manual wheelchairs. The link above will show you how to determine if your chair will fit. The following list is not comprehensive, it is simply a list of wheelchairs that we've successfully installed the firefly onto. If your manual wheelchair is not on this list, that doesn't mean it won't work!
- Karman: LT-770Q, LT-800T, S-2501, S-Ergo ATX, S-Ergo 105, S-Ergo 106, LT-980, LT-990, XO-101
- TiLite: 2GX, Aero R, Aero X, Aero Z, Aero T, BB, Tr / TRC, TX, X / XC, YG, YR, ZR, ZRa
- Invacare Wheelchairs: A4, A4 Titanium Adjustable, ProSpin X4, Top End Crossfire All Terrain
- Top End Wheelchairs: Top End Crossfire T6, Top End Crossfire T6A, Top End Crossfire Titanium, Top End Transformer, Xtra
- Quickie Wheelchairs: Quickie 2, Quickie 2 Lite, Quickie 2HP, Quickie GP - SA, Quickie GP/GPV, Quickie GPS, Quickie GPS Titanium, Quickie GPV Competition, Quickie GT, Quickie GTi, Quickie GTX-FF, Quickie XTR, Quickie Triumph, Quickie TNT, Quickie Titanium, Quickie ST/D
- Nissin: Actifold, Verve, Fusion
- Kuschall: Air Lite Pro, Air Lite Pro II (K-Junior), Champion, Fusion, K Junior, R33, Ultra-Light
- Colours: Avenger, Challenger, Chump, Eclipse, Hammer, Krypto, Little Dipper, Razorblade, Spazz, Spazz G, Swoosh, Tremor, Zephy
- Quantum: Lifestream XF
- Ki Mobility: Catalyst 4, Catalyst 4C, Catalyst 5, Catalyst 5ti, Catalyst 5vx
Get your order in today to open up a world of potential
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This device might be the best i've used. I'm a C5-6 and i need zero assistance with this. An its quick.
I have been using the original Firefly for 3 years and loved it. When I moved to the Firefly 2.5 I was very impressed with the improvements. The larger tire, the color display with better features, the locking column is huge! The lighter battery is so easy to remove now and the dual headlights are actually functional for night driving.
My only hesitation is the throttle, both forward and reverse. There seems to be a 1 or 2 second delay when you press forward or reverse so you have to factor that in to your movement. The forward, once past the delay it very aggressive at the start instead of steady power its a burst of power.
I have been in a chair for 32 years and find the firefly to be the right tool for me. I have flown all over the US with it and now my wife tires out instead of me, plus this save my shoulders!!