WHEEL BLADES - Wheelchair Skis
Sold as Pair
WINTER MOBILITY FOR YOUR WHEELCHAIR. THE PERFECT SOLUTION FOR SNOW AND ICE.
Wheel Blades are small, high-end skis that attach to the front wheels of your wheelchair with one simple click.
Wheel Blades distribute the wheelchair driver’s pressure evenly onto the ground, preventing the small front wheels from sinking into the snow. The blades run over the ground with very little pressure and have no problem smoothing out rough spots.
Wheel Blades use two tracking channels on the underside of the skis to compress the snow and ensure stability. They are also extremely light weight and can attach in seconds to the vast majority of caster wheels.
The adjustable clamp lock covers all wheel widths from 1.8 to 6 cm. or 3/4 inch to 2-3/8 inches
- Quick attachment requires little strength. Changing from blades to wheels can be done quickly and without problems.
- Due to their handy size and low weight you can take your Wheelblades wherever you go.
- High-end, robust materials make the skis shock- and fraction-proof.
- Thanks to the adjustable clamp lock, Wheel Blades can be used anywhere.
- Wheel Blades enable helpers for the first time to push wheelchair drivers in snow.
- The market’s best solution for snow!
- FOR USE IN SAND - these skis may make traversing sand easier when used on the front caster wheels of a wheelchair, and when combined with a set of wide-tired off-road rear wheels. Sand is one of the most difficult terrains to traverse with a wheelchair and adding caster ski attachments will make it easier, but it is not a perfect solution.
CNN Report on Wheel Blades
*All German Video - But the images are helpful
Ski Length - 10-1/4"
Ski Width - 4-3/8"
Ski Thickness - 1/8"
No videos available
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
These work well on snow and ice. They are much better than trying to push through or balance on rear wheels. You do need fat tires to have the most fun and be able to get some speed.