ROHO DRY FLOATATION Mattress Overlay System
The ROHO DRY FLOATATION Mattress Overlay System creates the ideal environment of protection and healing with the ORIGINAL non-powered, air-filled, adjustable, zoned, reactive mattress overlay.
Don't let its simplicity fool you. The performance, efficiency and quality of this overlay system are unequaled in the industry. Comprised of soft, interconnected air cells, the DRY FLOATATION mattress overlay conforms precisely to the body's contours, helping soft tissue to maintain its shape in order to maximize the healing process as well as prevention.
Foam insert pad(s) are also available in both standard and custom configurations. They may be snapped to the ROHO DRY FLOATATION Mattress Section(s) to provide individuals with a localized approach to wound management when cost restraints are required
- With 720 air cells, this mattress overlay allows for greater conformity and better pressure distribution. Each cell is specially treated to minimize friction and resulting shear.
- The four sections of the mattress overlay are independently adjusted, providing a low-pressure environment over the entire contact area of the body.
- The DRY FLOATATION system provides prevention and therapeutic coverage for all pressure ulcers including deep tissue injuries. The ability to “float” in the mattress overlay promotes healing and reduces soft tissue deformation.
- Using laser Doppler velocimetry in a year long study*, it was proven that blood flow increased at least four times the base line value when a individula was immersed in the DRY FLOATATION mattress overlay. (* Jacobs, Mary Ann, MSN RN. “Compression of Capillary Blood Flow Using a Regular Hospital Bed Mattress, ROHO Mattress, and Mediscus.” Rehabilitation Nursing 14.5 (September/October 1989).)
- Drainage holes in the base of the mattress overlay allows for moisture to drain away from the body.
- This overlay can be used in any clinical setting. It also is ideal for home, allowing earlier discharge for some individuals.
- Adjustable. 3.5" (8 cm) high air cells can be adjusted to the individual's body shape and size and to their position over time.
- Non-powered. Requires no external power source.
- Easy to clean. May be cleaned and disinfected. See operations manual for instructions.
- Repairable. Extends overall life of the mattress overlay.
- Cover options. Reusable and full enclosure covers are available.
- Black Neoprene (not made with natural rubber latex)
Includes: DRY FLOATATION sections (4 sections per overlay system), registration card, hand inflation pump, repair kit, operating instructions, and 1 cover (optional)
Size of Complete Overlay: 75" Length x 33" Wide x 3.25" High
Weight of Overlay: 32 pounds, complete overlay out of the box.
Weight Limit of User: None if sized for the user.
Warranty: 2 year limited warranty
No videos available
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Pressure Sore Relief
After using this product for a month it seems to be really helping. Because of my wife's physical condition she can only sleep on one side. To prevent new pressure sores I had to alternate sleeping on her reclining wheelchair. No need now with this mattress overlay that evenly distributes pressure.