The Tek-RMD, by Matia Robotics
A brand new platform for mobility. Transfer into it simply, and enjoy standing and interacting with life again.
The Tek-RMD completely re-imagines the way individuals with Paraplegia and other walking issues are able to move through the world. It gives the ability to independently and safely sit, stand, and navigate environments that were once inaccessible.
With its tiny footprint, intuitive controls, and rear-entry feature, the Tek-RMD gives you back the freedom to use your home as it was meant to be used; upright and mobile. Don't waste time with a costly home remodel, the Tek-RMD will let you live life as you were meant to.
Boarding from the Back
The Tek-RMD can easily and securely be accessed from the back. Mounting and dismounting the device is safe and efficient.
Unlike canes, standing wheelchairs and walkers, the Tek-RMD leaves both hands free for daily activities like cooking, cleaning, or carrying items from one room to another.
The Tek-RMD’s small footprint allows you to go places in your home that you couldn’t normally reach in an ordinary wheelchair. No need for remodeling the home.
With the Outdoor Kit, the footprint goes up a bit to 23.5" wide and 40" long
Outdoor Kit Available now!
Larger wheels, more ground clearance, and much more all-terrain capability.
Assisted Stand Mechanism
Standing up requires only a gentle pull with the gas-spring system. The Assist will take 90% of your weight and you easily pull up the remaining 10%. [Some hand and arm strength required in both arms]
For those who require a 100% assist, an electric stand model is available. Please contact us for the availability of this option.
From the moment they wake up, users can board the device & stand up without needing assistance from others. This comfort encourages the users to stand up countless times, & do various daily activities while standing up.
The Tek-RMD holds the user in an upright position while leaving his/her hands free. This position makes it possible for the user to reach everywhere with free hands and perform many daily tasks such as cooking, washing dishes, ironing, etc., comfortably in environments that are typically not set up for people with physical handicaps.
Movements that require both hands, such as carrying a tray can be easily done with the use of the remote control. Additionally the user can enjoy being at eye level with other people in his/her daily life.
Tek-RMD users can enjoy spending their time with friends and family at eye level. This allows for closer conversations and more personal connections with those around them.
The left handle, once squeezed, changes the position of the handlebar arm from 90 degrees to 45 degrees. This is useful for users with less reach when first getting into the Tek-RMD and also when transporting your device from one location to another.
The Right (Red) Handle, once squeezed, activates the lifting spring to allow the user to either lift or lower themselves. This handle should only be engaged once the user is strapped into the Tek-RMD and never while the device is not in use.
Color-coded, minimal design for quick and easy use.
- Boarding from the Back: The user boards the device securely from its back.
- Independent Living: The suspension system containing gas spring balances the weight of the user so that standing up and sitting down require just a gentle pull/push.
- Standing Up and Health: Encourages the user to do daily activities standing up.
- Hands Free: Holds the user in an upright position while leaving his hands free.
- Eye Level: The user can enjoy being at eye level with other people in his/her daily life.
- Dimensions: World’s smallest motorized standing movement device.
- Balance: Correct standing position and balance are preserved by the device.
- Remote Control: The user can send the device away with the remote control.
- Indoor Use: No need to renovate the indoor environments. Fits perfectly with existing furniture. Wonderful maneuverability in narrow places.
|COLORS:||Black w/ Grey|
|SPEED:||Max Speed 3 MPH|
|BATTERY:||Battery Capacity DC 24V (2x12V) 22Ah|
|CAPACITY:||Load Capacity 265 lbs|
|CLIMB:||Max Grade of Climb 3%|
|WEIGHT (Empty):||242.5 lbs|
Recommended User Profile:
- Indications for Use – Present as paraplegic.
- Hand and arm strength required for self-mounting; joystick control for driving.
- Other conditions as prescribed by physician.
- Height – 4′ 8″ to 6′ 3″
- Weight – 88 to 265 lbs
Let us fit you for a Tek-RMD so you can get up and get on with life. Call 619-810-0010
Each unit is custom built specifically for each customer. The lead time to receive your Tek-RMD is 6 weeks.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Fill out our form to get a verification of benefits within 24 hours - Insurance Verification Form .