Thousands of people consider ScootaTrailer® the most ideal way to transport their power wheelchair or mobility scooter. It is simply the highest quality Scooter and Wheelchair transport trailer on the market, and is built with people with disabilities in mind.
Can My Vehicle Tow a Scootatrailer?
EVERY MAKE & MODEL OF VEHICLE CAN TOW ScootaTrailer with up to a 600 lb. electric wheelchair or scooter inside. AND, they can all do it at any highway speed without complication of overloading the vehicle or the hitch. This includes sub-compacts, compacts, medium & large vehicles, trucks & SUV’s. Sub-compact examples: Honda Fit, Ford Focus, Toyota Prius, VW Beetle, Nissan Versa, Smart Car, etc., etc., and the list goes on. The sub-compacts just mentioned, only have a 100 lb. – 1,000 lb. rated hitch available. That’s still more than enough for either trailer, with ANY chair or scooter up to 600 lbs. The most important fact to know is this: ANY vehicle that a hitch is made for is enough vehicle & enough hitch!
The ScootaTrailer only weighs 475 lbs. with the aluminum top option. (400 lbs. without it). It measures 66" long by 37.5" wide inside. Overall outside length & width is 93" x 54". Outside height, top to bottom, is 63". Bed height is only 9" from the ground. Dexter® torflex axles are used on every unit, and equipped with 145 x 12" 8 ply high speed radial tires. The unit requires a 2" ball, and a 17" - 19" ball height. Each trailer is equipped with a swivel jack & caster wheel. The safety chains and lighting meet DOT approval in all 50 states, and in Canada. ScootaTrailer can handle up to a 600 lb. powerchair OR scooter. The one year limited warranty is provided with every unit.
Every ScootaTrailer includes:
- Baked on power coat enamel paint
- Spare tire kit
- Spray rubber coated load ramp (assisted)
- Heavy duty rubber floor mat (removable)
- Four 'rope pull' tie downs with ten locations
- Front swivel jack caster wheel
- Rear LED signal lights & license light, utilizing a flat four pin connector.
- Brushed aluminum fenders; bolt on
- High speed 145 x 12' LRD @ 1,250 lbs. each
- Torflex rubber ride independent suspension
1. Aluminum top with gas shocks to lift it up, which allows 52 inches of inside vertical clearance.
2. Rubber spray in bed liner.
No videos available